Knight Frank recognises its role in managing social, economic and environmental issues. We continually seek to improve our social and economic contribution and minimise negative environmental impacts of our business.
We work with developers, planners and local authorities to ensure that environmental protection and amenity improvement are key criteria in any scheme. We encourage clients to consider the full impact of their business operation upon the environment, and to make energy conservation and waste reduction part of their property strategy.
Accordingly our Corporate Responsibility program, which we call 'Building Foundations", is divided into five key areas:
- Charity & Community: how we strive to be a good neighbour to the surrounding community, and are active in the support of a number of charitable causes. We are proud to support employee volunteering opportunities, pro-bono work and fundraising campaigns. Where possible, we encourage and facilitate employee donations, of both their time and money.
- Environment: operating in a business sector which so clearly impacts upon the natural and built environment, we are conscious of our responsibilities towards the community and the environment as well as towards our clients and staff. We have highly qualified sustainability professionals who guide our clients towards best-practice sustainability in the property sector.
- Governance & Ethics: how we behave as a corporate entity
- Marketplace: our impact within the property industry markets globally
- Workplace: we place a high priority upon being a good employer, where diversity is valued and there are equal opportunities. We focus on the exceptional opportunities we give all team members to train and study for professional qualifications and self development, enabling every individual to achieve their career potential. All of this takes place in a safe and secure workplace that is conducive to the health and welfare of employees.
AUSTRALIA - OUR CHOSEN NATIONAL CHARITIES
In Australia, we have selected specific charities to support on a national level.
Property Industry Foundation
in 1996, industry leaders formed the Property Industry Foundation to mobilise its resources to assist charitable organisations providing services to youth at risk. The Foundation has grown to become the paramount charity within the property industry. Knight Frank has proudly been a national Platinum Sponsor of PIF since 1997 with Knight Frank staff also regularly volunteering their time to assist on various PIF committees, sharing their technical expertise and providing hands on assistance with charitable building projects. For more information on PIF, please visit www.pif.com.au.
Starlight Children's Foundation Australia
Starlight's mission is "To brighten the lives of seriously ill children and their famillies". Because sick kids are still kids at heart... For more information on Starlight, please visit the website.
National Breast Cancer Foundation
The National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF) is the only national body that funds life-changing breast cancer research with money raised entirely by the Australian public. Breast cancer is the most common life-threatening cancer facing Australian women, with eight women dying from the disease each day — mothers, sisters, wives, daughters and friends. By funding only world-class research, NBCF is working towards a goal of zero deaths from breast cancer by 2030. For more information, please visit the website.